Sunday 26 October 2014

Out of the shower hair care routine 

&

 how I create my waves 


I'm quite obsessive when it comes to my hair and how I treat and style it, although my hair is not healthy in the slightest, I still try to keep it looking healthy at least. last year I had my hair cut off to my shoulders which at the time I liked, but when you want to grow your hair, its clearly not the best idea and if your like me and can't help but put heat on it nearly everyday, there's not much chance that it is going to be healthy. I've been doing the same routine for my hair quite a while now to get it to look as healthy as it can whilst being awfully dead and dry.

Here's my routine:

I go a little bit crazy with washing my hair, I use to wash it every single day and because my hair got use to it, my hair would go greasy if I went a day without washing it, but I have now somehow managed to be able to wash it a day then leave it a day.
when I do wash it I use the Garnier Ultimate Blends shampoo and conditioner which I think is really nice for dry/frizzy hair as it contains coconut oil and cocoa butter which is great for smoothing and softening the hair for that sleek look.


After getting out of the shower I like to let my hair sit in my towel for about 5 minutes just to let the towel soak up any access water, I will then take my hair out of the towel and brush through my hair with my tangle teezer which is amazing for getting those annoying tangles out. When my hair is damp I will then finger comb through my Frizz-ease curl reviver by the John Frieda collection to help tame frizz and define and hold my curls better.



I then put in a small amount of the LANZA keratin healing oil at the ends of my hair, this just helps keep my hair incredibly soft and smooth with a radiant shine and it is ideal for all types of hair.



 Just before I dry my hair I spritz the Schwarzkopf got2b guardian angel heat protection throughout my hair to protect my hair against heat damage (Its not like It's damaged already...) I then dry my hair as normal, I don't section my hair when drying it just because I'm a bit of a time saver and maybe a little bit lazy...

After all of my hair is fully dried I like to curl/wave my hair as my hair holds curls quite well, I'm then able to have second day curls without out having to add any extra heat. 

To do this I use the Babyliss pro curling wand 


and here's how I do so...

 It's pretty simple, first I section off my hair from just above my ears and split the section down the back, bringing the two sections to the front.

Then taking 1inch sections I wrap the section of hair around the curling wand wrapping it away from my face and holding for about 5-10 seconds depending on how loose or tight I want the curls.


Repeating this with every section of my hair until it is all curled/waved. For me, the messier the better.

and here's what I end up with (most of the time)


If you've managed to read this far
Thank you for reading.

Bella
xo


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am envious of your hair, it's so pretty and classy at the same time! :) Would love to try out the Garnier's Ultimate Blends shampoo sometime soon. ;)

    Pearlyn xx | Mode Maquillage

    ReplyDelete